Odisha News At 11 AM @ July 6
1) The Commissionerate Police has decided to introduce one-way traffic in Cuttack from July 10 to end the congestion issues. In the first phase, it will be implemented in the High Court square-Dargha Bazaar stretch.
2) Odisha Government will develop three Universities in the state as centres of excellence. They are Utkal University, Brahmapur University and Sambalpur University. These Universities will have Wi-Fi campus, automation library and many other modern facilities to bring them at par with other leading institutions in the country.
3) The Odisha Government has decided to set up of Intensive Care Units (ICUs) in seven more district headquarters hospitals – Nuapada, Baleswar, Jajpur, Mayurbhanj, Kalahandi, Bargarh and Angul. Around Rs 1 crore will be spent for each six-bedded ICU that will have three trained doctors, 10 nurses and paramedics. Currently, Puri, Malkangiri, Sambalpur, Bolangir, Nabarangpur, Koraput and Capital Hospital in Bhubaneswar have the ICUs.
4) The Odisha Police have launched an online service ‘e-Abhijog’ to lodge their grievances and complaints. People can log in to www.odishapolice.gov.in to avail of this opportunity.
5) Dr Sitaram Mohapatra, former Professor and Head of the Pathology Department of SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack, has moved the Orissa High Court to seek anticipatory bail in connection with the sexual assault case. Dr. Mohapatra was recently shifted to the Health and Family Welfare Department.