These days we humans are completely dependent on technology for almost everything. Every morning, checking our mobile phones is the first thing most of us do. Indeed technology advancement is very helpful for humans and it makes our life easier. Easy availability of technology and the development of artificial intelligence really is a positive thing. Nowadays especially the kids mostly rely on technology for social networking, games, entertainment, and even for studies.
Amid Covid 19 pandemic situation, when it was impossible for kids to physically attend the classes, technology played a positive contribution towards education. But anything that provides convenience and ease in our lives needs to be handled responsibly. Similarly, Technology also needs to be handled with a responsible attitude and within a limit.
Using an excess of technology is also not a good thing. Ultimately it results in Technology Addiction which is an alarming condition. As a matter of fact, most of us irrespective of age factor are suffering from technology addiction at the moment. Some of us don’t even realize that they are addicted to technology, while others chose to just ignore the fact even after knowing it.
Have you ever given it a thought?
What if you or your kids are having Technology Addiction?
Nothing to worry; it’s never too late. There is always a chance of improvement. But if your kids are addicted to technology then it can be a challenge for them to improve. As a parent, you need to take the matter into your hand to help your kids understand this addiction and how it can affect them in the future. So, you can save your kids from Technology Addiction by helping them control the use of technology.
Here’s what you can do as a parent to save your kids from Technology Addiction:
1) Counsel your Kid about the use of technology: Having an idea about the current situation and reality is always a good thing. Increasing knowledge and awareness in our kids is no doubt very important. That’s why, as a responsible parent, you should make your kid understand the bad side of using technology in excess. Though being a parent you can control your kids but at a point in time, too much control over kids can make them a rebel which is not good either.
2) Make a schedule for your kids: Having a schedule can be helpful for your kids to lead a better life. It will be easier for kids if they have a schedule including a time period in the day they can use Tech devices. You should help them divide their day equally for physical games, exercises, tech devices, studies, etc.
3) Take them for outdoor games and activities: Outdoor games and activities are very important for kids. It can help them improve their physical health and growth. So, try to involve with them more while playing physical games and make it a fun experience for them.
4) Set a good example for your kids: It’s very important for parents to comply with what they are asking their kids to follow. Parents are the first source of learning for kids even before teachers and schools. Most kids follow in their parents’ footsteps. So, it becomes extremely important for parents to limit their own Technology use first.
5) Help them develop Book Reading as a hobby: Reading Books is very important for kids to improve their grammar and knowledge. If kids develop it as a hobby then it can be a very helpful distraction for them from Tech Devices. This will only have positive effects on children.
These are some of the ways that can help you in preventing your kids from Technology Addiction and it’s side-effects.