* Odisha Govt makes wearing a mask or two layered cloth piece or handkerchief mandatory for everyone stepping out of their house from today onwards.
* BMC makes provisions for 44 Temporary Markets, 100 Temporary Vending Centres at Bus Stops, Home Delivery of Medicines and Home Delivery of Essential Services in Bhubaneswar.
* BMC in coordination with Drug Controller Odisha identifies 121 Medicine Stores within Bhubaneswar. Citizens can contact the medical stores through call/WhatsApp.
* From 7th April morning to 8th April morning, 269 no of cases have been registered by the Odisha Police for violations of different regulations related to COVID-19 of which 252 no. of cases for violation of lockdown.
* All 400 Samples tested -VE for COVID-19 in Odisha on April 8.
* Death toll due to COVID-19 touches 166; number of cases climb to 5,734 (including 5095 active cases, 473 cured/discharged and 166 deaths): Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
* 162 new coronavirus cases in Maharashtra; tally jumps to 1,297.
* Total 669 COVID-19 positive cases including 426 cases from Markaz, in Delhi: Delhi Health Minister Satyendra Jain
* Telangana govt bans spitting in public places in the backdrop of COVID-19 pandemic.
* Indian Railways introduces 109 Time tabled parcel trains over 58 routes to connect all the important centers.
* Indo-US partnership is stronger than ever: PM Modi in response to US Prez thanking India for Hydroxychloroquine decision.
* Positive cases of coronavirus rises to 413 in Rajasthan; 385 in Madhya Pradesh, 453 in Telengana.
* Tablighi Jamaat faces criticism in Pakistan for COVID-19 spread.
* Pakistan Cricketer Shoaib Akhtar proposes India-Pakistan series to raise funds to combat COVID-19.
* United States reports nearly 2,000 #Coronavirus deaths for the second day in a row.