TNI Bureau: Greetings. Here are the Morning news headlines today.
* Odisha CM appeals everyone coming from abroad to mandatorily register themselves through Toll Free Number -104 or Online Portal https://covid19.odisha.gov.in within 24 hours of arrival.
* Odisha Govt asks authorities not to clamp Section 144 to enforce social distancing. They have been asked to create awareness and motivate people to practice it.
* All Cyber Cafes, Gaming Zone, Video Game Parlours Cyber Cafes under the BMC jurisdiction in Bhubaneswar to remain close in the wake of Corona Virus Outbreak.
* BPUT postpones all exams except final semester in Odisha.
* Nandankanan zoo welcomes 4 asiatic lions, 2 foxes from Kanan Pendari Zoo in Bilaspur in exchange of a pair of Hippopotamus.
* A male leopard ‘Suraj’ died at the Nandankanan Zoological Park last night.
* Rice, Wheat & Kerosene Oil to be distributed to 3.26 crore beneficiaries under NFSA & 4.50 lakh beneficiaries under SFSA through PDS from 1st April to 15th May, 2020.
* Beneficiaries can collect their three-month ration in staggered manner over the period of 45 days.
* District Collectors asked to complete all preparatory arrangements within the next 7 days. Distribution will start from 1st April, 2020.
* Coronavirus positive cases in India rise to 147 comprising 122 Indian nationals and 25 foreign nationals.
* West Bengal reports 1st +ve case after a man who returned from the United Kingdom tested positive for COVID-19.
* Thermal screening of MPs started today in Parliament.
* First Indian Army jawan in Ladakh tests positive for #COVID19. His father with travel history to Iran tested positive too.
* All BJP units have been asked to spread awareness about coronavirus and dos and don’ts; BJP decides not to hold any protest or demonstration for one month: BJP President JP Nadda.
* Pune woman tests positive for COVID-19; with this total cases in Maharashtra has gone up to 42.
* EU imposes entry ban for 30 days in bid to slow coronavirus pandemic.
* Italy reports 345 new deaths, followed by Spain (168) & Iran (135).
* Rupee rises 32 paise to 73.92 against US dollar in early trade.
* Yes Bank to resume full banking services from 6 pm, today.