TNI Bureau: Greetings. Here are the Evening news headlines today.
* Odisha Govt sanctions Rs 225 crore the State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF) to fight against coronavirus.
* Odisha Govt directs people coming from abroad have to register themselves within 24 hours of arrival in the tollfree number 104 or on website – https://covid19.odisha.gov.in.
* Odisha’s first coronavirus patient came in contact with 129 persons; the private clinic where he visited in Bhubaneswar has been shut down.
* Panchayat bypolls in Odisha postponed due to coronavirus scare.
* Coronavirus Scare: Section 144 clamped in Dhenkanal.
* Lok Sabha passes the Appropriation Bill, 2020.
* The total number of confirmed cases of coronavirus rises to 114 in India, Maharashtra tops the Chart with 39 cases.
* Union Health Ministry launches new COVIDー19 Helpline Number ‘1075’. The previous number, 01123978046, is also active.
* Media briefing on actions taken, preparedness & updates for the management of COVID-19.
* Centre announces closure of all Educational Institutions including Schools, Colleges and Universities as well as Gyms, Museums, Swimming Pools and Cinema Halls in the country till 31st March. Online Education to be promoted.
* Three Nirbhaya case convicts Akshay, Pawan and Vinay move ICJ seeking stay on hanging.
* Chhattisgarh: 2 naxals were arrested, 13 bombs were detected and destroyed.
* Kerala: Screening of passengers inside the trains in the Thiruvananthapuram division has begun with the help of state government.
* India bans passengers from EU, EFTA (European Free Trade Association), Turkey and UK from Wednesday 18th March 2020 till 31st March.
* Election Commission of India has appointed IAS officer Hirdesh Kumar as the Chief Electoral Officer of Jammu and Kashmir.
* BCCI: All employees in Mumbai Headquarters have been given the option either to work from home from tomorrow or come to the office.