While addressing the joint sitting of the Budget Session of Parliament, President Pranab Mukherjee listed out the achievements of the government and called for debate and discussion in the Parliament, not disruption. He reminded the Lawmakers of Democratic values and people’s power.
Here are Key Excerpts from his Speeches:
* Development philosophy is captured in ‘Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas.
* The Government of India in particular is focussed on ‘Garibon Ki Unnati’, ‘Kisano Ki Samridhi’ and ‘Yuvaon Ka Rozgar.
* Government has launched 3 new social security and pension schemes.
* Government is committed to provide ‘Housing for All’.
* Well being of farmers is vital to the nation’s prosperity.
* Government is committed to the philosophy of ‘per drop, more crop’.
* Highest urea production was achieved in 2015. Government realises role of animal husbandry, dairy & fisheries sector.
* Rural development is one of our top priorities.
* Government’s mission of skilling India has gained momentum.
* Happy to inform we have successfully eliminated Maternal & Neonatal Tetanus well before global targeted timeline of December 2015.
* Strong focus on holistic healthcare, strengthening Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha & Sowa-Rigpa & Homoeopathy.
* Government has launched the Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan.
* During last year, 342 camps were conducted, aids & assistive devices distributed to over 1.7 lakh persons with disabilities.
* Government firmly believes economic development and environmental protection can co-exist.
* As part of the Namami Gange Programme, Government is implementing several projects in all 118 cities and complete sanitation solutions for 1,649 gram panchayats, on the banks of the holy Ganga.
* Government has taken measures to eliminate the scope for corruption.
* Government has been unsparing in punishing those who are found guilty of corruption.
* Government has envisaged increasing the renewable energy capacity manifold to 175 GW by 2022.
* Solar power is affordable and accessible to thousands of people.
* In the year 2015, India witnessed the highest ever generation of electricity.
* Govt introduced dynamic & comprehensive reforms in Coal sector & conducted transparent auction/ allocation of over 70 coal blocks.
* Mines and Minerals Development and Regulation Act, 1957 was amended and auction of mines has commenced.
* Government has initiated several ambitious measures for improving sanitation standards at Railway Stations & Trains.
* Highest ever increase in rail capital expenditure was achieved in 2015.
* By March 2019, under PMGSY, one lakh seventy eight thousand rural habitations will be connected with all weather roads.
* Government has revived a majority of the 73 stalled road projects, completed construction of 7,200 km of highways.
* Government is also working on a new Civil Aviation Policy with thrust on connectivity to small cities.
* Domestic Air Passenger traffic has registered a substantial growth during the year.
* Setting up world-class infrastructure for Electronics manufacturing across the country remains a priority for the Government.
* 29 Electronic Manufacturing Clusters are under development.
* The country recorded the highest ever software exports during 2015.
* Building upon the success over the past year, my Government’s endeavour is to scale new heights in Space.
* Varanasi and Jaipur have been declared as the first two Indian cities to be part of the UNESCO Creative Cities network.
* GDP growth has increased making India the world’s fastest growing economy among large economies.
* Inflation, fiscal deficit & current account deficit have decreased. India recorded highest ever foreign exchange reserves in 2015.
* Government’s concerted efforts to tackle menace of black money have started yielding results.
* Govt launched Gold Monetization Scheme & Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme in Nov 2015 to ensure productive utilization of idle assets.
* Defence procurement procedure has been streamlined with a focus on indigenously designed, developed & manufactured weapon systems.
* Working to ensure that our Armed Forces will be equipped with the most capable and sophisticated armaments in the world.
* Government has continued to pursue a bold and proactive foreign policy.
* Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam: the world is one family. Government is committed to this principle.
* We reached out to the world, both on land and sea.
* Government played a proactive role in addressing climate change by launching International Solar Alliance.
* Government is focused on Sabka Vikas, beyond just the economic advancements that dominate headlines.
* We must ensure that the poor and deprived are truly empowered to take advantage of opportunities to improve their lives.
* Sabka Vikas means that backward sections of society are equally valued and are genuine stakeholders in the country’s progress.
* Parliament reflects the supreme will of people. Democratic temper calls for debate & discussion & not disruption or obstruction. Government will constantly strive for smooth & constructive conduct of Parliamentary business.