* The 1st COVID-19 patient of Odisha has been discharged from hospital. Earlier, the 2nd patient was discharged.
* Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik appeals to house owners to waive off 3-month rent in view of the lockdown due to the deadly COVID-19.
* Out of 1,113 samples tested in Odisha till date, 5 found positive. Remaining 1,108 found NEGATIVE for COVID19.
* 27 persons linked to Tablighi Jamat at Nizamuddin Markaz traced by Odisha Govt. 19 have been tested. All found negative for #COVID19 .
* Pratap Sarangi writes Odisha CM, seeing his intervention in addressing pending salary payment issues of employees working at Birla Tyres branch in Balasore.
* Door to door delivery of rations begins in Surya Nagar of Bhubaneswar after the area was marked as containment zone.
* PM Narendra Modi’s Video Message to Nation: “In order to mark our fight against Coronavirus, this Sunday, April 5, at 9 PM let us all turn off the lights at our homes for 9 minutes & stand at the balcony with a candle/lamp/mobile flashlight.
* Number of COVID-19 cases in India climbs to 2,301. Death Toll at 56.
* World Bank approves $1 billion emergency financing to India to fight COVID-19 Pandemic.
* Number of COVID-19 cases worldwide crosses 1 million (10 lakh). Death Toll tops 51,000.
* Madhya Pradesh Govt slaps National Security Act (NSA) against 4 persons involved in violent attack & stone pelting against Doctors and Health Workers in Indore.1
* Centre launches ArogyaSetu App to track #Covid19 infection.
* 14 more people tested positive for COVID-19 in Rajasthan; all related to Tablighi Jamaat event. Total no. of cases is 154 now.
* Punjab CM bans all gatherings, orders tracking of Nizamuddin returnees.
* BDL donates Rs 9.02 Cr to PM CARES Fund.
* DBT, CSIR, DST, DAE labs can conduct covid19 testing: ICMR.
* US President Donald Trump announces he tested negative on new coronavirus test.