The Commissionerate Police (Bhubaneswar & Cuttack) in partnership with the citizens has been trying to make the twin cities a safe and secure place for the public. To achieve this objective it seeks co-operation of the citizens. Though Police has been taking various measures against criminal, every citizen is requested to adopt certain precautionary measures to prevent falling prey to criminals and anti-socials.Certain guidelines are given hereunder which if adhered to will go a long way in combating and preventing crime in your area.
1. Collect full details of tenants before letting your house. Gather information regarding name,age,occupation, permanent address and insist on certain valid identity proof like Aadhar Card, Voter’s ID, D.L, Passport, PAN Number etc. and the same should also be provided to the local PS for record.
2. Citizens are advised to verify the antecedents of domestic help before engaging them and provide his/her particulars to the local PS.
3. If there is any heavy cash and jewellery in the house, it should be kept properly secured. It is advised to keep such case in the bank account and avail locker facilities in the banks.
4. They should not leave their vehicles unattended without proper locking and if possible motorcycles should be doubly locked. They are advised not to keep money and other valuables in the dickey.
5. Women are advised to take due precaution when travel/move alone in the city at late hours of the night or take lift from strangers.
6. During Puja season/festivals there is rampant chanda collection by antisocial elements. Any such incident should be reported to dial 100.
7. Citizens, especially ladies, are requested not to carelessly display their gold chains/necklace while moving in public places such as parks and market places.
8. We request you to give us information regarding any antisocial and criminal activities coming to your notice like illicit sale of liquor and drugs, gambling, unauthorized consumption of liquor at public place, extortion and nuisance created by anti-socials ets.and any other such information on Mobile No.94388-84411 and 94388-82266 for immediate and necessary legal action. An email ID for giving information will also be informed to general public soon. The identity of the informant would be kept secret and confidential.
Given above are only a few important advices to our citizens. We will also be issuing/uploading on our website detailed safety tips regarding safety and security of citizens and their properties. We also request one and all consider us a friend in achieving the common objective of a safe and secured society.
It is our belief that “together we can and will succeed”.