TNI Bureau: Greetings. Here are the Evening news headlines today.
* Father of the lone COVID-19 positive patient in Odisha tests negative for Corona Virus.
* Odisha Govt prohibits public entry into Temples, Churches, Mosques & Gurudwaras from tomorrow in view of Corona Virus Outbreak.
* 60 out of 61 samples found to be negative for COVID-19 in Odisha; Evaluation of Matric Exam papers put on hold.
* Annual plus II exams have been postponed with effect from March 23; final semester exams of BPUT, VSSUT put on hold. All exams in universities suspended.
* Odisha Govt readies 3,000 isolation beds at different govt & private hospitals across the State to handle any coronavirus eventuality.
* Odisha Govt asks Group C & D employees to stay at home from March 20 till 31; Group A & B employees to come to office as normal.
* 2,626 persons registered themselves on Odisha Govt’s #COVID19 portal for self-quarantine: #Coronavirus spokesperson Subroto Bagchi.
* Rains, thunderstorm with lightning predicted for Odisha for next 5 Days.
* The number of positive cases of COVID-19 in India rises to 167 (including 25 foreigners).
* India reports 4th COVID-19 death. Man in Punjab with travel history to Italy, dies.
* Delhi Court rejects plea seeking stay on execution of #NirbhayaCaseConvicts. All 4 Convicts to be hanged tomorrow at 5:30 AM.
* Supreme Court orders floor test in Madhya Pradesh Assembly tomorrow.
* India bans all scheduled International commercial passenger flights from landing in the country from 22nd March for one week.
* Centre asks States to ensure that People above 65 years of age should stay at home. Public Representatives/Medical Professionals/Govt Servants exempted.
* Students below 10 years of age have been asked to stay at home.
* States shall issue directions to private sector to consider work from home wherever feasible.
* There is no community transmission in India due to COVID-19 outbreak: Lav Agarwal, Joint Secretary, Health Ministry.