TNI Bureau: Greetings. Here are the Evening news headlines today.
* Puri Srimandir to be closed for Devotees from tomorrow till 31st March 2020 in the wake of Corona Virus Outbreak. Only Sevayats (Servitors) will be allowed inside the Temple to perform rituals.
* Srimandir funds of Rs 397.23 crore (Rs 389 crore Deposits + interest of Rs 8.23 crore) transferred from Yes Bank to SBI account of Jagannath Temple Corpus Fund at Puri Main Branch in 1st phase; Rest Rs 156 cr will be transferred on March 30, after the maturity date.
* Odisha Govt declares 14 days leave & home isolation of State Govt employees if they are suffering from cold and cough.
* Brown Sugar worth Rs 2 Crore seized by the special task force (STF) of Odisha Crime Branch in Balasore district.
* Odisha Govt orders closure of Salons, Beauty Parlours & Spa until further orders in view of Corona Virus Outbreak.
* 75 crore beneficiaries under PDS will be allowed to lift their quota of subsidised foodgrains for 6 months in one go: Union Minister Ram Vilas Paswan.
* Coronavirus effect: Indigo CEO announces pay cut for all employees; announces salary cuts from 5% to 20% for staff. CEO Rono Dutta to take a 25 % paycut, senior vice presidents and above taking 20% pay cut.
* Total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in India rises to 168.
* 2012 Delhi gang-rape case: All four convicts are to be hanged tomorrow at 5:30 am.
* 50 percent Gr B & C Central Govt employees are required to attend Office alternatively except in emergency service offices.
* ICSE & ISC Exams across India postponed in view of Corona Virus Outbreak.
* UGC tells universities to postpone exams, suspend evaluation work due to COVID-19 till March 31.
* All schools in Delhi to be closed till March 31 for teaching, non-teaching staff. Board exams’ evaluation suspended in Delhi; Teachers to do evaluation work for annual exams from home.
* AC local services on Western Railway in Maharashtra will be cancelled from tomorrow & will be replaced by non-AC suburban services till 31st March.
* Total number of positive cases reaches 49 in Maharashtra. Mumbai’s ‘Dabbawalas’ to suspend their services from 20th March till 31st March.
* Railways cancels 168 trains; passengers to get 100% refund.
* Russia reports 1st Corona Virus death. Total Cases – 147.