TNI Bureau: Greetings. Here are the Evening news headlines today.
* ECoR increases platform ticket price from Rs 10 to Rs 50 at 10 stations including 7 – including Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Puri, Bhadrak, Brahmapur, Sambalpur, Rayagada to discourage entry to stations in the wake of Corona Virus Outbreak.
* Yes Bank banking services become fully operational; Srimandir’s funds to be transferred tomorrow.
* Odisha CM registers his sister Geeta Mehta’s name in Govt’s COVID-19 portal.
* PM Modi hails Odisha CM for setting a great example by registering his sister Gita Mehta’s details in the Government Portal after she arrived in the State from abroad.
* Out of 47, 46 people in Odisha found negative for COVID-19: Odisha government’s COVID-19 Spokesperson Subroto Bagchi.
* 2,131 persons returned to Odisha from abroad have registered on Govt portal.
* All Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) Written Exams & Viva Voce postponed.
* All 4 BJD candidates Subash Singh, Munna Khan, Sujeet Kumar and Mamata Mahanta elected to Rajya Sabha unopposed.
* Odisha govt extends service period of DGP Abhay till December 31, 2021.
* Number of COVID-19 cases in India rise to 151.
* Corona Virus Death Toll rises to 8,012 worldwide. 202,272 infected; 82,813 recovered.
* 276 Indians abroad infected with Corona virus – 255 in Iran, 12 in UAE, 5 in Italy, 1 each in Hong Kong, Kuwait, Rwanda and Sri Lanka.
* Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) clears acquisition of 83 Tejas aircraft for IAF: Sources.
* Punjab Jails Department moots proposal to release around 3,000 drug peddlers and 2,800 petty criminals to prevent coronovirus in crowded jails.
* Sharad Pawar, Ramdas Athawale and Udayanraje Bhosale among 7 candidates elected unopposed to Rajya Sabha from Maharashtra.
* Nirbhaya case: Court to hear plea seeking stay on execution of death penalty of the convicts on Thursday.
* Gold prices jumps Rs 311 to Rs 40,241 per 10 grams in Delhi.