TNI Bureau: Greetings. Here are the Afternoon news headlines today.
* Odisha CM declares coronavirus outbreak as ‘State Disaster’; Odisha Assembly suspended till March 29th. All Educational Institutions, Cinema Halls, Swimming Pools & Gyms to remain shut till March 31st.
* A divyang girl raped in Niali area of Cuttack district on Friday.
* Odisha Govt to shut down over 6300 Schools in State with a strength of less than 20 students.
* The Airports Authority of India (AAI) to provide Rs 1 Crore for infra upgradation of Bhubaneswar AIIMS.
* Two youths drown in Chitrotpala river in Kendrapara.
* Union Cabinet approves 4% increase in Dearness Allowance (DA) for Central Government employees.
* Expelled BJP Leader Kuldeep Singh Sengar sentenced to 10 years in Unnao murder (custodial death of rape victim’s father) case.
* Total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases across India (including foreign nationals) rises to 75: Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
* JNU suspends classes with immediate effect till March 31 due to coronavirus outbreak.
* Australian Grand Prix cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
* Canada PM Justin Trudeau’s wife Sophie tests positive for COVID-19.
* US launches retaliatory strikes on Iran-backed fighters in Iraq.
* Arsenal head coach Mikel Arteta tests positive for coronavirus.
* Disney to shut Florida and Paris theme parks, cruise line over virus.
* Australian home affairs minister says he has tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
* Indian Rupee slips to 74.43 versus the US Dollar, in initial trade.
* Delhi Govt bans sporting activities which attract large gatherings including IPL.