* 7 new COVID-19 positive cases in Odisha; State’s tally rises to 68. Out of 7 cases, 5 are from Bhadrak & 2 from Balasore.
* Out of 5 COVID-19 +VE cases in Bhadrak, 3 are from Basudevpur & 2 from Bhandaripokhari. Containment Zone notified in 5 GPs of the above blocks.
* In view of notification of Containment Zone, distribution of PDS and other individual benefits in the FIVE GPs of Basudevpur and Bhandaripokhari blocks remain suspended during the containment period.
* No COVID19 positive cases in Bhubaneswar since April 14.
* Odisha DGP Abhay puts Barchana (Jajpur) IIC Deepak Kumar Jena under suspension for misconduct. Jena had violated the #COVID19 #lockdown guidelines by entering Puri Srimandir yesterday along with family.
* India reports 1,553 new cases of coronavirus and 36 new deaths. A total of 17,265 cases and 543 deaths.
* There are 2003 COVID19 positive cases in Delhi including 110 positive cases from yesterday. Death toll stands at 45.
* Manipur is now Corona free. Both patients have fully recovered and have tested negative.
* Coronavirus: 18 nurses at Pune hospital test positive, doctor treats staff with HCQ, homeopathy.
* A COVID-19 positive doctor treated at Teerthanker Mahaveer University (TMU) medical college died last night
* MHA objects Kerala Govt’s decision to allow opening of restaurants, book shops during lockdown; sends letter.
* The Centre has drawn the attention of States/UTs not to dilute the norms under Disaster Management Act, 2005 in any manner.
* 24,498 new cases in last 24 hours in USA; total cases rises to 759,467 and 40,677 deaths.
* Number of recovered coronavirus patients in the U.S. has reached 70,000.
* 60 U.S. veterans died at Soldiers’ Home in Massachusetts, 50 of them tested positive for coronavirus.
* Number of confirmed coronavirus cases has reached 2,400,000 worldwide.
* Global Corona Death Toll mounts to 1,65,000.