* Odisha CM directs setting up of Covid-19 Hospital in every District by next week with a plan to set up 36 hospitals with combined bed capacity of 6000.
* Ganjam District Administration in Odisha decides to impose fine of upto Rs 500 for spitting in public places.
* Odisha tested 803 samples for COVID-19 on Tuesday; highest single day testing.
* MHA issues revised guidelines on extended lockdown; Agriculture and farming activities to remain operational.
* All educational, training institution etc shall remain closed, taxis (including auto & cycle rickshaws), services of cab aggregators, religious places and religious congregations to remain prohibited until May 3. Cinema halls, malls,shopping/sports complexes,gyms,swimming pools,theaters, bars etc to remain closed till May 3.
* State/UT govts shall not dilute lockdown guidelines in any manner. Wearing of face cover is compulsory in all public places, workplaces. Spitting in public places shall be punishable with fine: Ministry of Home Affairs.
* Highway ‘dhabas’, truck repairing shops, call centres for govt activities to remain open from April 20.
* 38 deaths and 1076 new cases in 24 hours; India’s total number of Coronavirus positive cases rises to 11,439 (including 9756 active cases, 1306 cured/discharged/migrated and 377 deaths): Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
* 117 more cases have been reported in Indore in 24 hours; total number of cases in Indore now mounts to 554.
* COVID-19 cases rise to 411 in Indore; 650 in Gujarat and 483 in Andhra Pradesh.
* Donald Trump administration cleared an arms deal worth $155 million.
* United States COVID-19 cases crosses 600,000; US registers record 2,228 coronavirus deaths in past 24 hours.
* US President Donald Trump announces ‘halting funding’ for World Health Organization (WHO).
* Glaxo Smith Kline and Sanofi, top vaccine companies in the world, join forces to develop COVID-19 Vaccine. Human trials expected within a few months.