* Odisha Govt launches a dedicated COVID19 Telemedicine Helpline-14410 to provide medical assistance to potential COVID-19 cases in Odisha.
* Scarcity of Vegetables in Bhubaneswar following the 48-hour shutdown. Only 40% of the vegetables needs are available in market, as per the association.
* 1st COVID-19 +ve case in Kendrapara; Odisha Tally 40. Another 20 samples tested in SCB Medical College and Hospital, test negative.
* Kendrapara #COVID19 patient belongs to Aul. He has been admitted to Ashwini Hospital in Cuttack. His family members are quarantined and being tested. Patient’s village & other areas in 3 km periphery have been sealed.
* The DMF funded 200 bedded COVID hospital is ready for treatment of COVID-19 affected individuals at Rourkela in Sundargarh District.
* Intelligence Bureau office in #Bhubaneswar sealed by BMC and Employees put in home quarantine till April 19 after a staffer reportedly came in contact with a #COVID19 patient.
* India’s positive cases rise to 4421 (including 3981 active cases, 325 cured/discharged/migrated people and 114 deaths): Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
* India would licence paracetamol & Hydroxychloroquine in appropriate quantities to all our neighbouring countries who are dependent on our capabilities
* 30 more test positive for coronavirus in UP; total Covid-19 cases rises to 308.
* Coronavirus cases in Gujarat rise to 146; 303 in Andhra Pradesh.
* India partially lifts restrictions on export of hydroxychloroquine, paracetamol; The government of India lifts restrictions on 24 active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) and formulations made from them.
* BJP MP Subramanian Swamy suggests postponement of construction of the new Parliament Building worth Rs 25,000 crore for a year.
* The COVID-19 death toll in the US has now crossed 10,000. Number of positive cases stands at 368,079.
* British PM Boris Johnson moved to ICU after his condition worsened.
* United States records 1,150 #Coronavirus deaths in 24 hours.
* China reports no new #Coronavirus deaths for the first time.