* Around one lakh people from Odisha stranded in different places across the country due to COVID19 lockdown: Odisha Chief Secy Asit Tripathy.
* Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik writes to PM Modi; seeks 21-day employment allowances for MGNREGA workers during the lockdown period; seeks Rs 380.39 crore from Centre for 36,10,797 workers in the State.
* Odisha DGP Abhay has issued guidelines for police department. Cops can take a day’s off in a week. Daily working hours not to exceed 8 hours.
* Kandhamal MP Achyuta Samanta sanctions Rs 2.5 crores from his MPLADS Fund to fight COVID-19 in Kandhamal, Boudh, Ganjam & Nayagarh districts in #Odisha. He had earlier donated 3 months’ salary to CMRF.
* IMD issues weather warning for various districts of Odisha till April 1, 2020.
* Odisha Govt appoints Nodal Officers to help stranded Odias in various States.
* Odisha Govt asks Collectors & Municipal Commissioners to intensify surveillance & contact tracing of people who returned from abroad & other #COVID19 affected States.
* 2,856 persons who returned from abroad to Odisha in the last 14 days, yet to be traced.
* Orissa HC directs the State Govt to take adequate measures to check migration of people from other States.
* High Court asks Collectors & SPs to make arrangements for their stay along with basic amenities & adequate medical facilities at the Border.
* Centre directs States to ‘seal borders, ensure 14-day quarantine for migrants’.
* Total number of positive #Coronavirus cases in Maharashtra rises to 979. 113 Labs are now functional.
* 6 deaths, 106 positive COVID-19 cases reported in last 24 hours from 6 States: Health Ministry.
* Uttar Pradesh Government ordered to release 11,000 prisoners (across 71 jails in the state) on parole for 8 weeks serving prison sentence of less than 7 years.
* 7 more test coronavirus positive; Maharashtra tally rises to 203: State Health Department.
* Kerala reports 20 new cases; total coronavirus positive case rises to 181.
* 7 new COVID-19 cases reported in Karnataka; tally mounts to 83.
* 8 more test positive for coronavirus in Tamil Nadu; tally goes to 50.
* 13 lakh Railway & PSU Employees to donate one day’s salary (equal to Rs 151 cr) to #PMCARESFund to fight COVID-19: Railways.
* Adani Foundation to contribute Rs 100 cr to PM Cares Fund.
* All Paramilitary Forces personnel contribute their one-day salary (amounting to Rs 116 crores) to #PMCaresFund to fight #COVID19 Pandemic.
* Congress MP Rahul Gandhi writes to PM Narendra Modi; offers suggestions to fight Coronavirus Outbreak.
* Landlords cannot ask for rent during lockdown period from workers (tenants); cannot ask them to vacate.
* 240 tourists, 100 Indian nationals and 140 foreign nationals, are currently stranded in Himachal Pradesh due to the Corona Lockdown.
* Employers instructed to give workers full wages on due date without deduction during #lockdown period.
* Coronavirus: Japan likely to ban entry of all foreign nationals from US.
* Spain registers a record 838 deaths from coronavirus in the last 24 hours.
* Nepal extends the suspension of international flights till 15th April; Lockdown has been extended till 7th April.
* German Minister commits suicide over ‘deep worries’ about economic fallout amid COVID-19 crisis.
* Europe’s COVID-19 death toll shot past 20,000 Saturday, with Italy and Spain each reporting more than 800 dead in one day.
* The global death toll of COVID-19 is currently rises to 31,700; Italy has the largest number of deaths at 10,023.