* Veteran leader, former Minister and 5-time Champua MLA Shri Saharai Oram passes away.
* 2 more patients, both belonging to Bhubaneswar, have recovered and tested negative for COVID-19. They are being discharged from the hospital. With these two cases, the total recoveries is 21.
* Odisha Govt launches call centre to assist farmers during lockdown.
* Civic authorities in Bhubaneswar set to launch mobile app which would enable locals to order essential items online.
* Shops selling books/stationery for students will remain open on each Sunday from 6.00 am to 1.00 pm till 3rd May, 2020 in Bhadrak: Dist Collector Gyana Das.
* Union Minister Pratap Sarangi urges Odisha Govt to help people who don’t have Ration Cards.
* 1,007 fresh COVID-19 cases, 23 deaths in last 24 hours; Death toll due to COVID-19 rises to 452 in country; cases climb to 13,835: Health Ministry.
* Health Ministry Sources: About 63,000 PPE kits which arrived from China recently did not fulfill the criteria.
* There are 1,919 dedicated COVID-19 hospitals with 1.73 lakh isolation beds, 21,800 ICU beds readied in India: Health Ministry.
* India sent 100,000 paracetamol & 500,000 hydroxychloroquine tablets to Afghanistan.
* Total samples tested today are 28,542; total samples tested so far are 3,32,583: Indian Council of Medical Research.
* India working with global partners to develop vaccines to fight Covid-19: Health Ministry.
* Give Maharashtra Rs 25,000 crore package to fight Covid-19, Minister to Centre.
* DRDO introduces two products to enhance disinfection operations.
* A total of 1323 people have tested positive so far in Tamil Nadu.
* There are 66 containment zones now in Delhi.
* UP Government opens doors to companies leaving China after coronavirus.
* Petrol pumps across West Bengal have decided not to sell fuel to those visiting without mask.
* 77 new COVID-19 cases take Mumbai’s tally to 2,120; city’s death toll rises to 121.
* Tamil Nadu received 24,000 rapid test kits from China.
* UK reports 5,599 new cases of coronavirus and 847 new deaths. Total of 108,692 cases and 14,576 deaths.
* Number of recovered coronavirus patients has reached 550,000 worldwide.