* Odisha Govt now may send lockdown rule violators to jail for 2 years, official sources said on Thursday.
* Not wearing Masks/Face Cover in Odisha is an offence with penal provision; Rs 200 penalty for first 3 instances of violation, Rs 500 for subsequent violations.
* Total 44 COVID-19 confirmed cases in Odisha out of 2,814 tested samples.
* COVID-19 positive cases of Kalahandi, Kendrapada, Dhenkanal and West Bengal patient treated at Apollo, Bhubaneswar.
* Only the following private hospitals/clinics under the jurisdiction of Bhubneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) are notified as ‘Fever Clinics’ to screen #COVID cases.
* Samples of 21 staff of Kar Hospital in Bhubaneswar tested negative.
* Government of India sanctions Rs. 15,000 crores for ‘India #COVID19 Emergency Response and Health System Preparedness Package to help States/UTs.
* There are 1346 cases of #COVID19 in Maharashtra out of which 746 patients are in Mumbai; BMC to test 7.5 lakh residents of Dharavi in next 15 days for COVID after 3 deaths.
* Total number of active #COVID19 cases in India rises to 5,865; death toll climbs to 169: Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
* Madhya Pradesh government issues the list of #COVID19 hotspots in 15 districts that will be sealed as a measure to contain the spread of COVID-19.
* Delhi CM Kejriwal announces ‘Operation Shield’ to protect Delhi from Covid-19 outbreak.
* Coronavirus cases in national Delhi rise to 720; death toll mounts to 12.
* Dharmendra Pradhan to join the summit of G20 Energy Ministers on 10th April through video conferencing.
* 471 positive reported cases so far, out of these 388 related to Markaz: Telangana Health Department.
* Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) updates its testing strategy for #COVID19.
* Kerala Govt announces financial aid of Rs 2000 each for fisherfolk; Rs. 1000 for lottery sellers and other labourers.
* Indian Railways has produced about 6 lakh reusable face masks and over 4,000 litres of hand sanitiser: Health ministry official.
* Global growth will turn sharply negative in 2020: International Monetary Fund (IMF).
* Iran says 117 new virus deaths take overall toll past 4,000.
* British PM Boris Johnson’s health ‘continues to improve’.
* 150 members of the ruling Saudi royal family infected with #Coronavirus , reports New York Times. Saudi Prince Faisal bin Bandar bin Abdulaziz Al Saud – Governor of Riyadh, is in ICU.