* Odisha Govt to scale up testing for coronavirus; to increase COVID-19 testing capacity to 1000 from 300 every day by April 10.
* Odisha CM directs officials to make VIMSAR in Burla and MKCG in Berhampur ready to become COVID-19 testing centres.
* Odisha Govt issues order making wearing masks mandatory while stepping out of house for any purpose. Any available form of mask including a handkerchief or any piece of cloth in at least two layers, can be used. The order will be effective from 7 AM of April 9.
* Aound 1,500 MBBS students – 891 of SCB, 325 students of MKCG, 300 students of VIMSAR & 247 Faculty Members & PG Students of MKCG have already been trained on COVID-19 management.
* Mission Shakti Director Sujata Karthikeyan lauds efforts of SHG Women during the #COVID19 #Lockdown. 3,27,675 people in 5,247 Gram Panchayats and 25,239 people in 108 ULBs provided cooked food. Nearly 10 lakh masks prepared & distributed by SHGs.
* In Odisha, 7 COVID-19 hospitals have been set up with a total capacity of 1,497 beds; the capacity of beds will increase to 3000 by April 15.
* Keonjhar District Administration signs MoU with Utkal Hospitals for a special #COVID19 Hospital in #Keonjhar. The Hospital will be functional in next two weeks.
* Newly-elected Rajya Sabha MP Sujeet Kumar donates Rs 1 lakh to Chief Minister’s Relief Fund (CMRF) to fight Coronavirus Pandemic.
* There will be zero tolerance towards communal incidents and action will be taken against the culprits, Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik warns stringent action against communalism.
* Total number of active COVID-19 cases in India rises to 4281 (including 3851 active cases, 318 cured/
* Positive cases in Mumbai climbs to 490; total positive cases rises to 868 in Maharashtra.
* Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao has announced that the Coronavirus Lockdown shall continue in the state after April 14 till June 3.
* 50 new COVID-19 positive cases in Tamil Nadu today including 48 from Tablighi Jamaat; total cases rises to 621.
* Number of COVID-19 cases in Delhi rises to 523; Out of the total number of cases, 330 people are linked to Tablighi Jamaat.
* Total Covid-19 positive cases climbs to 327 in Kerala.
* COVID-19 cases reach 305 in Uttar Pradesh.
* 22 new coronavirus cases in Rajasthan, total positive cases rises to 288.
* 1,750, out of total 2,083 foreigner Tablighi Jamaat members have been blacklisted till now.
* Five villages, where Tablighi Jamaat members stayed, sealed and quarantined: MHA official.
* Union Cabinet approves temporary suspension of MPLAD Fund of MPs for 2 years; President, Vice President, PM, Governors, Cabinet Ministers, MPs to take 30% cut in salaries for a year amid Coronavirus crisis.
* BJP suspends UP’s Balrampur leader Manju Tiwari over celebratory firing video.
* Global coronavirus death toll tops 70,000.