TNI Bureau: Greetings. Here are the Evening news headlines today.
* State Govt has instructed to close all Anganwadi Centres of Odisha till 31st March, 2020.
* Odisha Skill Development Authority Chairperson Subrato Bagchi to head State Government’s IEC team constituted to tackle Coronavirus Pandemic; also appointed Chief Spokesperson of the Govt on COVID-19.
* BMC launches awareness campaign, to keep vigil on hoarders.
* Odisha to close down 11500- odd schools for better learning outcome.
* Global death toll from the coronavirus pandemic rises to 5604 – China – 3,189, Italy-1,266, Iran-611, Spain-191, France-79, South Korea-72 and USA-50.
* Padma Award ceremony, scheduled to be held on April 3 at Rashtrapati Bhavan, has been postponed.
* Coronavirus: 2nd positive case reported in Telangana. All Malls & schools to remain shut until March 31.
* GST Council decides to increase #GST on mobile phones from 12% to 18%.
* Heavy rains, hailstorm lash parts of Delhi.
* Total positive cases of Coronavirus in Maharashtra rise to 26.
* Goa shuts down schools, colleges, nightclubs, boat cruises. Board exams as per schedule.
* Maharashtra assembly: BJP withdraws candidate for deputy speaker’s post.
* India declares COVID-19 a national ‘disaster’; announces Rs 4 lakh ex-gratia for family of Coronavirus victims.
* 6 banks move to invest in YES Bank.
* Maharashtra: Suspected coronavirus patient dies in Buldhana.
* Iran death toll tops 600.