TNI Bureau: Greetings. Here are the Afternoon news headlines today.
* Massive outrage in Odisha over exclusion of Odia language in the official Central Govt notification on CoronaVirus update. Other regional languages were included in the creative issued by E&IT Ministry.
* Marriage/bratopanayn can be held in the presence of immediate family & reception postponed: CP Sudhanshu Sarangi.
* Orissa High Court limited proceedings and imposed restrictions on entry and listing of cases in view of Coronavirus Pandemic.
* A woman carried on stretcher for 3 km after ambulance fails to reach her due to non-motorable roads; delivered twins on way to hospital in Rayagada Dist.
* Pink Autorickshaw with women drivers rolls in Gajapati.
* Number of novel coronavirus cases in India rise to 83.
* 69-year-old woman who tested positive for coronavirus infection dies in Delhi.
* Rajasthan: 11 dead, 3 injured after truck collides with a jeep in Jodhpur.
* RSS cancels highest decision-making body meeting in Bengaluru in view of coronavirus outbreak.
* Government appoints current administrator Prashant Kumar as managing director, CEO; moratorium on Yes Bank to be lifted at 6 pm on March 18.
* Amid coronavirus scare, Rajasthan shuts Schools, colleges, cinema halls, coaching centres & gym till March 30.
* Union Home Minister Amit Shah addresses Convocation Ceremony 2020 of AIIMS Rishikesh.
* Excise Duty on Petrol, Diesel hiked by Rs 3 per litre each.
* Isolation ward set up at Tihar Jail. Inmates have been checked. New prisoners are being screened: Jail official.
* Coronavirus Pandemic: Over 5000 dead and 1,45,000 infected worldwide.
* Air India cancels flights to Italy, South Korea, Kuwait; curtails services to France, Germany, Spain, Israel, Sri Lanka till April 30.
* US President Donald Trump declares national emergency to combat Corona crisis.
* UN asks all staff to telecommute until April 12 due to COVID-19.
* Erratic P V Sindhu loses to Nozomi Okuhara of Japan in All England Championship quarterfinals.
* International Cricket Council (ICC): Australia’s ODI series & upcoming T20 tour to New Zealand postponed amid COVID-19 scare.