TNI Bureau: The Shree Jagannath Temple Administration (SJTA) on Wednesday issued a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) to enter the Jagannath temple as preventive measures in view of Covid-19 Pandemic.
Jagannath Temple in Puri reopened on Wednesday after being shut for nearly nine months.
From 23.12.2020 to 25.12.2020, the family members of the Sevaks will be allowed darshan of the deities.
Persons above 65 years of age, persons with co-morbidities, pregnant women & children below 10 years are advised not to visit the Temple in view of the prevailing COVID19 situation.
General guidelines on account of COVID-19 for all Sevayats:
1. It is mandatory for all pilgrims to wear masks at all times, inside and outside the Temple.
2. Devotees should sanitize their hands before entering into the Temple.
3. Devotees should maintain physical distance.
4. Devotees are requested not to touch Statues or ldols inside the Termple.
5 It is prohibited to take flowers / Bhoga / Deepa inside the Temple. There will be big containers placed at the entrance, where such items can be dropped if being carried by the devotees. There will be no lighting of ‘Deepa’ inside the Tenple by the devotees.
7. There will be no partaking of Mahaprasad inside Ananda Bazar & Temple premises.
8. Chewing of Tobacco/ Paan & spitting inside Ternple premises is strictly prohibited.
9. Parking of vehicles will be done only at Jagannatha Ballay Math premises or any other designated place.
Guidelines for family members of Sevayats are as per following
1. Family members of Sevaks will be allowed darshan from Mangal Alati till Rati Pahuda through any of the gates.
2. While entering into the temple, they are required to produce their Health Insurance Card/any other card issued by SJTA along with photo ID Card like, Aadhaar, Voter ID Card etc.
3. Entry of Non-Sevak devotees accompanying the Sevayat family members, if any, will not be allowed.
Guidelines for residents of Puri Municipality are as per following
1. Queue system will open from 07.00 AM at Market Chhak.
2. Residents are required to bring with them the token provided, along with the Aadhaar Card/ Voter ID Card of all the members of the family who are visiting the Temple for darshan of Lords.
3. Residents will make entry through the barricade from Market Chhaka till Jagannatha Temple office; leave their belongings at the designated place outside the Temple; produce their ID proof for verification and follow the COVID19 guidelines of hand sanitization & thermal scanning before entering into the Temple.
4. All devotees will enter through Singhadwar. After the darshan, the exit will be through Uttaradwar.