India News At 3 PM @ July 4
1) Prime Minister Shri Narender Modi dedicated the newly constructed railway line between Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra and Udhampur in the state of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) to the nation. Mr. Modi also flagged off first train – a DMU – from newly constructed Shri Mata Vaishnodevi Katra Railway Station at a programme held at Katra. He named it as ‘Shree Shakti’ Express.
2) All 46 Indian nurses taken hostage by the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) militants from Tikrit, have been released. They were taken to Erbil airport and will fly back home tomorrow. The Indian government has arranged a special flight to bring them back.
3) A senior CRPF officer, Hira Kumar Jha, died in an encounter with the Maoists in the Lakharia forest region in Bihar’s Jamui.
4) The Supreme Court has asked the police departments to follow its guidelines in all dowry related cases and weigh the need to arrest a person accused of dowry harassment to prevent the misuse of the law. The SC ruled that no arrest could be made in dowry case without the Magistrate’s nod.
5) Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley urged the people not to be panic over rising food prices and said that the hoarders are taking advantage of the poor monsoon forecast. He urged all states to take action against the hoarders and assured full support of the centre.
6) Sony TV’s popular show, ‘Bade Acche Lagte Hain’ will go off air on July 10. Anurag Kashyap’s ‘Yudh’, which stars Big B Amitabh Bachchan, will replace it.
7) In a rare development, shareholders of Tata Motors have rejected three resolutions proposed by the company relating to pay hike of three of its top executives, Ravi Pisharody, Satish Borwan and Late Karl Slym/Legal heir.
8) Bharatiya Janata Party MLA Sangeet Som and BJP MPs Satyapal Singh and Nepal Singh have also been detained en route to Moradabad to attend the scheduled Mahapanchayat, as the Uttar Pradesh Government has decided to crack the whip. BJP workers reportedly clashed with the police near Moradabad, making the situation very tense and violent. Moradabad District Magistrate was injured in the clashes. Som is an accused in the Muzaffarnagar riots case.
9) The Kirit Parikh committee has recommended the increase the LPG prices by Rs 250 and Kerosene prices by Rs 4/5 per litre. The Petroleum Ministry will send the recommendations to the Union Cabinet for consideration.