1) Washington-based Institute for Science and International Security has revealed that India has selected Karnataka for its covert uranium enrichment programme as well as a secret testing ground for armed drones. The report was based on satellite photographs and other evidences.
2) The head of the forensics department at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Dr. Sudhir Gupta has made sensational claims that he was forced by former Union Ministers Shashi Tharoor and Ghulam Nabi Azad to change the post-mortem repot in the Sunanda Pushakar Tharoor death case. Sunanda had reportedly committed suicide on January 17 inside room at South Delhi’s Leela Hotel. “I was pressurised to show it as a natural death”, alleged Dr. Gupta.
3) President Pranab Mukherjee, who joined Twitter with the usernname @RashtrapatiBhvn, has received 28.9k visitors so far. The verified account is displaying the name ‘President of India’.
4) The United States has named a mountain in Antarctica after eminent Indian-American scientist Akhouri Sinha. Sinha was the pioneer of biological research expedition, which provided vital information about animal population. Akhouri Sinha is the Adjunct Professor in the Department of Genetics, Cell Biology and Development at the University of Minnesota.
5) Around 25 armed dacoits looted gold jewellery, cash and mobile phones from at least 300 passengers in the AC coaches of Janshatabdi Express, which was heading from Ranchi to Patna last night. The incident occurred between Kodarma in Jharkhand and Gaya in Bihar. There were no police personnel on board when the incident took place.
6) In a big setback to ruling JD(U), former Bihar Minister Monazir Hasan quit the party and announced that he would join the BJP soon.