* 3 more coronavirus positive cases in Odisha. Tally rises to 82.
* Several panchayats of Basudevpur block in Bhadrak dist sealed after 3 persons of the area tested positive for COVID-19 yesterday. Total number of #COVID19 cases from Bhadrak now at 11.
* ‘Manabasa Gurubara’, ‘Chhau Dance’ and ‘Rabana Chhaya Dance’ from #Odisha included in 106 items in the National List of Intangible Cultural Heritage (ICH) of India.
* 40 Yrs Male, 55 Yrs Male & 35 Yrs Male were West Bengal Returnees & co-passengers of those persons of the district who had tested positive earlier.
* Odisha School Education Programme Authority (OSEPA) asks all district education officers & district project coordinators to positively complete the distribution of textbooks for elementary classes from school point or doorstep within 5 days using services of CRCCs & teachers.
* The distribution of Text Book will not take place in all the hotspot areas/containment zones.
* Odisha Health Dept launches COVID Helpdesk number – 9337929000 on WhatsApp.
* Odisha Police issued advisory alerting all Marine Police Stations to be on look out for boats attempting to bring persons, in violation of lockdown rules.
* Banks in Odisha to work from 8 am to 2 pm during lockdown period; customer service hours will be 8 am to 1 pm.
* 50 deaths and 1383 new cases reported in last 24 hours as India’s total number of positive cases stands at 19,984 (including 3870 cured/discharged/migrated and 640 deaths): Health Ministry.
* 6 SRPF jawans found COVID-19 positive in Maharashtra’s Hingoli district.
* Police constable posted at Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray’s residence tests COVID-19 positive; As a precautionary measure, 6 police staff has been quarantined.
* Shops for school books, electric fans, recharge of pre-paid mobile phones allowed during lockdown: Union Home Ministry.
* Pune reports 57 new COVID-19 cases, 3 deaths; number of cases in district now 813.
* Yes Bank fraud case: Quarantine period of Wadhawan family ends on April 22, Maharashtra government asks ED, CBI to take their custody.
* Earth Day 2020: Google marks 50th anniversary with doodle amid Covid-19; PM Modi thanks Mother Earth for her gifts, lauds COVID-19 warriors at the forefront.
* 56 fresh COVID-19 cases in Telangana; tally rises to 928.
* 12 new COVID-19 cases in J&K; tally goes up to 380.
* 64 new COVID-19 cases reported in Rajasthan; total cases in the state now stands at 1799.
* U.S. reports 37,519 new cases of coronavirus and 2,707 new deaths; total of 824,889 cases and 45,042 deaths
* 710 sailors from the USS Theodore Roosevelt aircraft carrier test positive for coronavirus, up from 678. – U.S. Navy.
* Today US $ against One Indian Rupee has crossed all previous records. Indian Rupee is all time low stands at 76.88.
* Mark Zuckerberg’s Facebook to invest Rs 43,574 crore in Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Jio for 10% equity stake Facebook will get a market entry in India
* U.S. Bureau of Prisons reports that 540 federal inmates and 323 employees have tested positive for coronavirus.
* UK to begin human trials for coronavirus vaccine on Thursday.
* Russia reports 5,642 new cases of coronavirus and 51 new deaths; total of 52,763 cases and 456 deaths.