* Odisha Higher Education Department allows functioning of Universities during lockdown with restrictions; only online teaching permitted.
* 5 COVID19 dedicated hospitals were launched in Odisha today via video-conferencing. Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik, Union Ministers Dharmendra Pradhan & Pralhad Joshi, and other officials were present at the launch via video-conferencing.
* 2-year-old girl is among 2 COVID-19 positive cases detected in Balasore.
* Odisha Police registered 54 cases for violation of guidelines on COVID-19. Out of these 50 cases for violation of lockdown.
* Yogi Adityanath’s father dies at Delhi’s AIIMS, UP CM says ‘won’t be able to attend funeral’ to ensure enforcement of lockdown and to defeat coronavirus pandemic in the state.
* At least 30 Mediapersons (mostly from Electronic Media) in Mumbai, test positive for COVID19.
* Centre allows work under MGNREGS, PMGSY, PMAYG & other schemes from 20 April.
* Total 57 new Covid-19 cases & 2 deaths have been reported today in the State; cumulative positive cases now stand at 1535, death toll at 25, reports ANI quoting Rajasthan.
* Ministry of Home Affairs seeks report from Maharashtra government over lynching of 3 people in Palghar; writes over violations to COVID19 lockdown measures.
* COVID19 testing capacity expected to reach to 1 lakh test per day by end of next month: ICMR.
* 40 fresh cases reported in Rajasthan in last 24 hours; total number of cases in the State now stand at 1,535.
* China slams India’s new FDI rules, calls it “discriminatory”.
* 75 new coronavirus cases reported in Andhra Pradesh in last 24 hours, number rises to 722.
* 108 new COVID-19 cases in Gujarat; State’s tally jumps to 1,851.
* Centre forms six Inter-Ministerial Teams to focus on lockdown measures.