Swine Flu returns to Pune
TNI Bureau: Swine Flu is back in Pune. Last year, the dreadful disease had killed more than hundred in the city. In the last 15 days, at least 8 casualties have been reported from Pune. In fact the whole Maharashtra is on high alert.
However, The Health Ministry has assured that there is no reason to panic as they are fully prepared to deal with the disease. Tami flu continues to be used as the main drug for Swine Flu.
Death of one Sandip Parshuram Jadhav (38), a resident of Bhosari, Chinchwad, Pimpri in Pune was the latest death due to Swine Flu related complications on Monday. Jadhav was diagnosed with H1N1 on August 22.
Symptoms of Swine Flu:
- Running Nose
- Sudden Fever
- Sore Throat
- Problems in Breathing
- Loss of Appetite
- Diarrhea or Stomach Upset
People vulnerable towards Swine Flu:
- Pregnant women, who have health complications like diabetes, cancer, HIV, lung/kidney disorder
- Children under age of five
- Adults aged 65 and above
- Those who suffer from low immunity
- Those taking asthma medications for the past 3 years