Samsung unveils New Galaxy Note Tablet
TNI Bureau: Samsung has launched its Galaxy Note 10.1 on Wednesday in the U.S., Britain and South Korea. The device is priced at $499 for 16 gigabytes of memory version.
It seems Samsung has launched the Galaxy Note to dethrone Apple Inc.’s iPad in the tablet market. The Galaxy note’s ‘stylus pen’ is the most discussed feature of the device. Besides that the split-screen feature that allows users to have two apps active side-by-side is also an interesting one to use. In fact, both these features have picked up positive early reviews from tech bloggers.
The Note 10.1 uses Google’s Android software and a quad-core processor with 1.4 GHz clock speeds. It sports a 5 megapixel rear camera and a 1.9 megapixel front-facing camera, which also detects users’ eye movements to prevent the device from going into standby mode.
Samsung India has started taking pre-orders for the Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet on its e-store despite the fact that the product is yet to be launched in India.
- OS – Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Display: 10.1-inch PLS TFT (Transistor Liquid Crystal) touchscreen, 1280×800 pixel resolution, with S Pen, multitouch and multiscreen compatibility
- RAM: 2GB
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, 3G, LTE, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0, MHL, infrared
- Memory: 16, 32 and 64GB; upgradable up to 64GB via microSD card
- Processor: 1.4GHz quad-core processor
- Camera: 5MP rear camera with autofocus, geo-tagging and LED flash