TNI Bureau: The Galaxy Grand is a new Android phone in the Galaxy series of Samsung. The device costs around Rs 21,500 in India. While the Galaxy Grand can be considered as a gadget for those, who can’t afford a top-end device like the Galaxy Note II, it is almost twice as expensive as its low-cost rivals.
The Galaxy Grand sports a 5-inch (800 x 480 Pixels) WVGA capacitive touch screen display having with a pixel density of 187 ppi, a 8MP auto focus rear (main) camera with LED flash, a 2MP HD front-facing camera, BSI sensor for better low-light imaging, ultra-quick camera start-up and is powered by a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor. It runs on Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) OS.
The Galaxy Grand has the features found in the higher-end Galaxy handsets, such as Smart Stay, Pop up Play and Direct Call. The device is also the first phablet from a tier 1 brand to offer dual-SIM capability in the sub-Rs 20,000 price band. The device is good for viewing web pages and documents comfortably and videos are enjoyable on its large 5-inch display.
Features & Specifications:
- Dimensions – 143.5 x 76.9 x 9.6 mm
- Weight – 162 g (With Battery)
- OS – Android OS, v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)
- 5-inch WVGA 480 x800 pixels Display
- 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, 1GB RAM
- 8 Megapixel Rear Camera with Digital Zoom with Auto-focus and LED Flash
- 2 Megapixel Front camera
- 8GB internal storage
- Bluetooth – Bluetooth v4.0 with LE
- Up to 64GB Micro-SD card Expandability
- 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
- Battery – 2100 mAh Battery Li-Ion 2100 mAh
- Features – Google Play, S Voice, Multi Window Mode, Direct Call, All Share Play, Smart Alert, Popup Play, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube (upload), Picasa, Sensors: (Accelerometer, Proximity, Light, Digital Compass, Gyro Sensor)