Micromax Canvas A100 – A Review
TNI Bureau: The economic price factor and the 5 inch screen are the two luring aspects of the Micromax Canvas A100 Smartphone. The device has been priced at Rs. 9,990 in India.
The Micromax Canvas A100 sports a 1GHz (single core) Qualcomm Scorpion chipset ARM V7 processor with Adreno 200 GPU. A 512MB RAM, 512MB ROM, internal storage of 1.5GB, dual SIM support. The phone weighs 168 gram and comes with capacitive touchscreen display. The device runs on the ICS OS (Android 4.0) with 16.8 million colors clarity.
Of course the features, identical to that of the Canvas A100 are available with the Spice and Karbonn models which are slightly cheaper than this, but still it is worth paying for its specifications.
A big screen of 5 inches in the Smartphone provides the user more work space and is more comfortable to work. For long duration surfers who spend a lot of time on the device playing games, on social networking or watching videos, the device is a good choice.
However, some people are of the opinion that there are plenty of phones from China that are better value than these phones from Micromax.
- Qualcomm Scorpion chipset with ARM V7 1GHz + Adreno 200 GPU.
- Android ICS – 4.0.
- 5 inch (4.92”) 800×480 pixels with 16M colors (240 ppi).
- 512MB RAM 1.5GB internal storage free of 2GB total space and microSD support (32GB max).
- Sensors: Proximity, G-Sensor and light.
- 3G (HSDPA 7.2Mbps / HSUPA 5.76Mbps), GPRS, EDGE, Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi, microUSB and 3.5mm jack.
- Rear 5.0 MP camera (Auto focus) with LED flash and front VGA camera.
- 2000 mAh Li-ion battery with 180 hours standby and up to 5 hours of talktime.