2) A four-member SIT led by Tughlaq Road sub-division ACP Sukhraj Kateva, has been formed to probe former Union Rural Development Minister Gopinath Munde’s death in a road mishap in Delhi last week. The SIT will look into all aspects related to the mishap.
3) The Reliance Communications (RCom) has launched ‘One India One Rate Plans’ that will allow customers to pay the same rate for local, STD and roaming calls from anywhere in India.
4) Four people have been arrested in Aurangabad (Maharashtra) for circulating objectionable materials on WhatsApp. Some more arrests could be made in connection with inflammatory Facebook posts.
5) The Congress Party has nominated Rajeev Gowda and BK Hariprasad for Rajya Sabha from Karnataka. Veteran Congress leader SM Krishna failed to get the RS nod this time.
6) The Foreign Institutional Investors (FIIs) have pumped in Rs 1 lakh crore into the Indian market so far this year (2014). A net investment of Rs 11,625 crore was reported in the first week of June itself.
7) India’s ace Tennis star Sania Mirza has achieved her career-best ranking of six in Women’s Doubles.
8) Senior BJP leader and Union Finance/Defence Minister Arun Jaitley will be the Leader of the House in Rajya Sabha.
9) Hindu Rashtra Sena (HRS) chief Dhananjay Desai, who was arrested in connection with the murder of IT Professional Mohsin Sadiq Shaikh in Pune, has been remanded to judicial custody, as he did not apply for bail.
10) The Uttar Pradesh Government has decided to host an Investors Conclave in Delhi on June 12. Ambassadors of USA, Canada, Germany and Italy are expected to attend the conclave.