1) Maharashtra Deputy CM Ajit Pawar has announced the closure of 44 out of 166 toll booths in the state, in a desperate bid to pacify the agitators.
2) Retired IAS Officer PK Mishra has been appointed as the Additional Principal Secretary to Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Mr. Mishra, a retired bureaucrat of 1972-batch of Gujarat cadre, has been very close to Modi since 2002.
3) Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel met Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi and discussed the state’s pending issues. The PM also met Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling, Mizoram Chief Minister Lalthanhawla and Nagaland Chief Minister TR Zeliang today.
4) Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has sought the help of all states to roll out the Goods and Services Tax (GST), which may play a key role in improving the economic growth of the country.
5) The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has given a major relief to the customers, by simplifying the bank norms to open an account. Now, the customers can open their bank account by submitting the permanent address proof and the present address proof won’t be mandatory. Either permanent or current address will be considered as the address proof.
6) India suffered a humiliating 4-0 defeat against Australia in the Hockey World Cup. Earlier, India had lost to Belgium (2-3) and England (1-2). They held Spain to a 1-1 draw and defeated Malaysia 3-2 in the last game.