Correction of Names in Certificates

Educations being a subject in the Concurrent List of the Constitution, majority of schools are under the purview of the State Governments and, therefore, it is for the respective State Government to take appropriate action in bringing improvement in the process of correcting the names written wrongly in the marksheets and certificates.

As far as schools affiliated to Central Board of School Education (CBSE) are concerned, the Examination Bye-Laws of CBSE allow correction in name to the extent of correction in spelling errors in the candidate’s name, surname, parents’ or guardian’s name to make it consistent with records of the schools in which the candidate studies.

Support Independent Journalism? Keep us live.

Such correction is made within one year of the date of declaration of result provided the application to this effect is forwarded by the Head of the institution along with true copy each of the admission form filled by the parents at the time of admission, School Leaving Certificate of the previous school submitted by the parents at the time of admission and portion of the page of admission and withdrawal register indicating the details of the candidate, duly attested by the Head of the institution.

This information was given by the Union Human Resource Development Minister, Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani in a written reply to the Lok Sabha question.

Comments are closed.