Barabati Stadium witness new Records in ODIs
India have won the first One-Dayer against Sri Lanka by a huge margin of 169 runs at the Barabati Stadium in Cuttack. Chasing a victory target of 364 runs, the visitors collapsed for 194 runs in 39.2 overs. Ajinkya Rahane bagged the Man of the Match Award for his fluent century.
However, the historic Barabati Stadium witnessed lots of new records in this match. They are as follows:
• India posted a record 363 for five in the stipulated 50 overs, which is the highest team score for any team in this stadium. In 1998, India had scored 301/3 against Zimbawe.
• Openers Ajinkya Rahane and Shikhar Dhawan were involved in a record 231-run opening partnership in this stadium. Rahane struck 111 from 108 balls while Dhawan scored 107-ball 113. Earlier, the highest opening score was 188 struck by India’s Ravi Sashtri and K. Srikanth against England in 1984.
• It is also the second time for Indian batsmen to hit two separate centuries. In 1998, Md Azharuddin and Ajay Jadeja each scored a century and remained not out.
• India have won 11 ODIs out of 17 matches in this historic venue.
• Varun Aaron bowled the highest speed delivery in this stadium by touching 152.6/hr km.
• Suresh Raina played his 200th ODIs and completed 5000 runs. Here, the middle order batsman scored a quickfire 52 off 34 balls .