TNI Bureau: A major fire broke out at a hotel in Barbil, Keonjhar district, killing 3 people on Saturday morning. Three others were injured in the incident. The fire was suspected to have erupted due to a short circuit.
Police said that the victims were from Kolkata. Three people died due to suffocation at the hotel when a fire broke out at around 3 am.
The victims, who had checked into the hotel on Friday, were sleeping when the incident occurred. They could not be able to come out of the building as it was filled with thick smoke.
Police and fire brigade personnel reached the spot after the blaze was extinguished. The injured people are undergoing treatment at a nearby hospital.