TNI Bureau: Mahindra & Mahindra is all set to launch its new 7-seater MPV this festive season. ‘Quanto’ has been named keeping in view its predecessors like Scorpio, Bolero, whose names end with ‘O’. The vehicle is said to be indigenously designed by M & M.
In terms of looks the ‘Quanto’ looks much better and proportionate in comparison to its elder sibling ‘Xylo’ as per the company’s blog.
Mahindra Quanto is expected to be available in four variants namely E4, E6, E8 and E9.
The vehicle will be powered by 1.5 liter CRDe diesel engine. The engine capacity has been reduced from 2.5-litres to under 1.5-litres by eliminating one cylinder and reducing the bore and stroke.
In terms of mileage Quanto is expected to be quite frugal with real-world mileage figures of around 15-18 kmpl.
Fast Facts about Mahindra Quanto
- Shortened Wheelbase, sub-meter in length
- Expected to be priced below five lakh rupees
- Expected to be launched in September/October
- Is expected to be available in four variants
- Top variants expected to be quite feature-rich
- 1498cc diesel engine, will be a proper seven seater
- Premier Rio and Maruti Ertiga will be the main rivals
- Front end design will be same like the Mahindra Xylo
- Also the interiors are expected to be same like the Xylo with new color combination
- Will have 2 rows of front facing seats and one row of side facing seats (2+3+2 seating layout)