India News At 3 PM @ July 7
1) The Supreme Court has refused to stay the appointment of Lieutenant General Dalbir Singh Suhag as the next Army Chief. He is scheduled to take charge on August 1.
3) Sterlite Technologies has entered into agreements with Standard Chartered Private Equity for an equity investment of Rs.500 crore in Sterlite Power Grid Ventures Ltd. (SPGVL).
4) Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu requested Union Civil Aviation Minister P Ashok Gajapathi Raju for support in developing Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam and Tirupati airports as international airports.
5) Indian Lawn Tennis star Sania Mirza achieved a career-best rank of number five in the latest World Doubles rankings.
6) Amidst uproar and chaos over price rise, the Lok Sabha has been adjourned till Tuesday.
7) The striking doctors of Maharashtra Association of Gazetted Medical Officers (MAGMO), who had been on an indefinite stroke since July 1, have called off their seven-day agitation following a meeting with Maharashtra CM Prithviraj Chavan, who has assured them to look into their demands.