BlackBerry launched the much-awaited Z10 Smartphone in the Indian Market on 26th February 13. The device is priced at Rs. 43,490. Though the price seems quite high, Indian unit of Blackberry feels that since Blackberry customers don’t bother much about price, the steep price of the Z10 will not be a hindrance in marketing of the product.
The Blackberry Z10 features a 1.5 GHz dual core processor with 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage and an expandable memory card slot that supports up to 64GB of additional storage. The phone is powered by its latest operating system ‘BlackBerry 10’.
The device is equipped with special features like the social hub, using which users can sync all their social networks – Facebook, Email, Gmail, Twitter, LinkedIn, BBM etc – and access notifications, messages etc from the Hub itself, the BlackBerry Balance, which allows the user to keep separate datas for the personal and professional life of the user and Swipe and Keyboard to move in and out of an app.
The device sports an 8 megapixel rear camera with LED flash, a 2MP HD front camera and its connectivity options includes Wi-Fi, 2G, and 3G, 4G, Bluetooth 4.0, micro-USB 2.0 and NFC.
Sunil Dutt, Managing director of BlackBerry (India) described Z10 to be the most important and much-awaited BlackBerry launches in the history of the Indian Smartphone industry, during the launch.
Features & Specifications:
• Display: 1280 x 768 resolution, at 356 PPI with 4.2″ diagonal15:9 aspect ratio screen size
• OS: BlackBerry 10 OS
• Processor: Dual Core 1.5 GHz
• Memory: 2 GB RAM with Removable microSD memory card – slot under battery door (Up to 32 GB)
• Camera: 8 megapixel auto-focus rear camera and 2 megapixel fixed-focus front-facing camera with 3x digital zoom & 720p HD video recording
• Sensors: Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Gyroscope, Ambient light sensor
• Network & connectivity: Z10, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS,NFC
• Weight: 135.4g
• Size: Height 130 mm / 5.12 in, Width 65.6 mm / 2.58 in, Depth 9 mm / 0.35 in
• Battery: 1800mAH removable battery