Samsung launches Galaxy S4 Zoom Smartphone
Samsung has launched another version of its flagship phone the Galaxy S4, merely after a week of launching of the waterproof version of the same device. The newly launched device is named ‘Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom’. The company has not released the price of the gadget so far.
The Galaxy S4 zoom features a 16MP rear camera with 10X optical zoom with xenon flash and a 1.9MP front facing camera for video calling. This new phone’s camera boasts of optical image stabilization as well as 24mm wide lens and can record 1080p videos at 30fps. The camera is activated by twisting the lens’s housing or ‘Zoom Ring’ like on a DSLR camera.
The S4 Zoom sports a 4.3-inch SuperAMOLED screen with 960x540p resolution and 256ppi pixel density and is powered by Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) OS with TouchWiz UI. The device runs on a dual-core 1.5GHz processor. It has 8GB internal storage, 1.5GB RAM and supports microSD cards with capacities up to 32GB. The handset weights 208 gram and is powered with a 2,330mAh battery.
The phone houses some interesting features. Like, during taking snap of a popular global landmark, the phone can offer pic of the same edifice taken by others for reference in order to help compose the best shot. The feature is called ‘Photo Suggest’.
The S4 Zoom will be available in two variants, one that is compatible with 4G and the other that works on 3G networks. Other features on the connectivity suites of this Smartphone are 2G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, infrared port and microUSB 2.0.
Features & Specifications
• Display: 4.3-inch SuperAMOLED touch screen with 960x540p resolution with 256ppi pixel density Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
• OS: Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) topped with TouchWiz UI
• Processor :Dual-core 1.5GHz
• storage : 8 GB internal storage, expandable up to 64GB via microSD card & 1.5GB RAM
• Camera: 16MP rear camera with 10x optical zoom, xenon flash and 1.9MP front camera
• Connectivity: 2G, 3G, optional 4G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, infrared, microUSB 2.0
• Features : Accelerometer, Geomagnetic, Proximity, Gyroscope and RGB light sensors
• Battery : 2,330mAh