Odisha News At 10 PM @ July 11
1) The Odisha Government has launched the ‘Dial 102’ service under the National Ambulance Scheme, which will provide transport services to pregnant women and sick infants at no cost. Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik flagged off the services in Bhubaneswar today.
3) The Lok Sabha today passed the controversial Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation (Amendment) Bill, 2014, paving the way for controversial Polavaram project despite strong protests from the BJD and TRS.
4) The centre has approved the upgradation and modernisation of the MKCG medical college in Berhampur and VSS medical college in Burla under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Surakshya Yojana (PMSSY).
5) The Medical Council of India (MCI) has approved 100 more MBBS seats in SCB Medical College and Hospital, Cuttack. The total number of MBBS seats at the SCB, has now gone up to 250.
6) The World Bank will provide assistance of US$ 153 million for ‘Odisha Disaster Recovery Project’ in Puri, Ganjam and Khordha districts, which were hit by Cyclone Phailin.