MoU signed between BRICS Nations and India gets Cabinet Nod
The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has given its ex-post facto approval to an MoU signed between India and its BRICS.
The MoU signed between India and its BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa), provides the following areas of cooperation in the field of Energy Savings and Energy Efficiency:
• Joint scientific and technological research,
• Conferencing and holding of lectures and seminars;
• Capacity building and technology transfer;
• Technology development, sharing policies and best practices;
• Encouragement of use of energy efficient and energy saving approaches and instruments in the work of the business entities of the BRICS countries, carried out within the BRICS countries in Consultation with the host country.