India News At 3 PM @ June 10
1) Delhi Power Crisis: 400 MW additional power to be generated by tonight to resolve the power problems in Delhi. Power Minister Piyush Goyal claimed that lack of decision making and investment since 2002, has triggered the crisis. He blamed the previous Sheila Dikshit government for the mess. Piyush Goyal has a set a deadline of 10 days for the power distribution companies to restore three major lines.
2) The Telangana government has decided to sue Manali dam officials and VNR college, Hyderabad for the shocking tragedy that claimed the lives of 24 students on Sunday. While six bodies have been recovered, 18 students are still missing and chances of their survival are bleak. They were washed away by River Beas after water was released by Larji Dam without warning. The Himachal Pradesh High Court has taken cognisance of the matter and asked the state government to file a report.
3) The Union Home Ministry has recommended a CBI probe into the death of late Union Minister Gopinath Munde, who died of a car accident in Delhi last week.
4) The Karachi Airport has been secured and the flight operations have been resumed after the terrorists, who launched an attack on the Airport Security Forces (ASF) camp, fled the area. At least five terrorists were reportedly killed.
5) The BSP MPs in Rajya Sabha created ruckus, demanding the dismissal of Uttar Pradesh Government for the disastrous law and order situation in the state.