India News At 2 PM @ July 5
1) All 46 Indian nurses, released in Iraq yesterday, reached Kochi on board the special flight from Iraq via New Delhi.
2) The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) has taken control of all main oil and gas fields in Syria, which are located in the Deir Ezzor province next to Iraq.
3) The Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh, has blamed the BJP for the violent clashes in Moradabad, saying the saffron party is trying to incite communal passions. The Uttar Pradesh Police had detained Muzzafarnagar riots accused Sangeet Som along with senior BJP leaders and MPs, as they were heading for a Mahapanchayat in Kanth near Moradabad. The mahapanchayat was called to protest UP Government’s decision to remove loudspeakers from a temple. The BJP workers had clashed with the police. Moradabad District Magistrate Chandrakant had sustanied injuries in the clashes.
4) Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 240 MW Uri-II hydropower project in the mountains of Jammu and Kashmir. The project, built at a cost of Rs 2,290 crore, is the second power project on river Jhelum.
5) Over 100 employees of the three state-run fuel refining and marketing companies have decided not to accept subsidy on cooking gas and have pledged to buy only non-subsidised LPG cylinders at double cost.