India News At 11 AM @ June 8
1) The much-awaited Metro Rail services took off in Mumbai amidst much fanfare. Maharashtra CM Prithviraj Chavan flagged off the service, as it was opened for the commuters this morning. The RInfra-promoted Mumbai Metro One Private Ltd (MMOPL) has fixed a slab Rs 10, 20, 30 and 40 on the initial fare, depending on the distance.
2) Two bikers shot dead a 35-year-old BJP leader from Dadri, Mr. Vijay Pandit in Greater Noida. Pandit is the husband of local Municipal Council’s Chairperson. Pandit’s murder triggered road blockade and clashes in the region. Vijay Pandit was shot five times in his head, chest and other parts at around 8:30 PM last night.
3) The AAP has claimed that it has resolved the differences within the party and would relaunch their political campaign soon. The party has rejected the resignations of Yogendra Yadav, Shazia Ilmi and Navin Jaihind.
4) Priyanka Gandhi and her husband Robert Vadra will continue to enjoy the security exemptions at the Airport, according to the government sources.
5) Ex-Army Chief Abdel Fattah al-Sisi will be sworn in as Egypt’s new President today. Ten supporters of ousted Egyptian President Mohamed Morsy were sentenced to death Saturday by a criminal court in Cairo.
6) India won five medals at the Junior Asian Wrestling Championsip at Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. They included a gold, three silvers and one bronze medal. Female wrestler, Vinesh (51 Kg) won the gold in Greco Roman Style.