India News At 10 PM @ July 6
1) The Narendra Modi government at the centre has transferred Gujarat Governor Kamla Beniwal to Mizoram. Her tenure ends in November. The 87-year-old had a troubled relationship with Narendra Modi during his tenure as the Gujarat CM. Rajasthan Governor Margaret Alva has been given the additional charge of Gujarat. Mizoram Governor Vakkom Purushothaman has been shifted to Nagaland. He will also hold the additional charges of Tripura.
2) Haseena Parkar, younger sister of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim, died of heart attack at her Mumbai residence. She was 55. She is survived by two daughters. Her eldest son, Danish died a few years ago in a road accident.
3) At least 62 people have been arrested so far in connection with the communal disturbances in Uttar Pradesh’s Moradabad over the installation of loudspeaker at a temple.BJP MLA Sangeet Som has been under scanner over the violent incidents in the region.
4) Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa has set up of a special investigation team (SIT) to investigate the 11-storey under construction building in Chennai, which claimed 61 lives. Most of the deceased were daily labourers.
5) The foreign investors have pumped in a staggering $20 billion into the Indian market in the first half of 2014.
6) A 23-year-old teacher was raped by three students at Balwakheri village under Charthawal police station in Muzaffarnagar district of Uttar Pradesh.
7) Novak Djokovic defeated Roger Federer 6-7 (7-9), 6-4, 7-6 (7-4), 5-7, 6-4 to win his second Wimbledon Open title. With this win, he reclaimed the No. 1 ranking in the world.