Centre announces measures to boost Pulse Production
* The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved creation of buffer stock of pulses. It will be created in current year itself.
* Procurement of 50,000 tons of pulses from the Kharif crop of 2015-16 and one lakh ton of Rabi crop 2015-16.
* Procurement to be done by FCI, NAFED and SFAC.
* Procurement in kharif and rabi 2015-16 will be done at market price above Minimum Support Price (MSP) out of the Price Stabilisation Fund.
* In case the prices fall below MSP, pulses for buffer stock will be procured at MSP under Price Support Scheme of Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare.